httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: PATCH -- make the cache modules part of 'all'.
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:58:56 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:07:40 +0100
>> Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Given that mod_cache is now quite mature - perhaps time to make it
>>> part of the 'all' setting
>>> in ./configure (and we could argue same for ssl and ldap). And hence
>>> make it part of the
>>> general body distributed by the vendors (who seem to follow our
>>> "all" config).
>>
>> That begs the question, what do we mean by "all"?  It currently
>> excludes proxy and dav, as well as the modules you mention.
>> That's IMHO rather more confusing than it should be.
>>

> +1 :)

+1 - there's only two classes of exceptions IMHO - those would be SSL,
and pure test modules.  And I'm +/-0 on including those test modules in
'all' (but never in 'most').

My personal preference is that ANY production module, except for SSL, is
automatically grabbed up with "all".  So proxy and dav are mistakes IMHO.