httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: mod_substitute docs
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:00:22 GMT

On Feb 14, 2008, at 08:50, Eric Covener wrote:

> Anyone else +1 for flatten-as-default and providing an option such as:
>
> 'q'uick: Substitute more efficiently, but further substitutions will
> not be able match across the boundaries of this substitutions
> replacement string.

Yes in concept. Don't know how much this affects performance - I had
the impression that it would make things slower. Would it be possible
to flatten only in the event that a second substitute is in fact
called during the course of the same request?

I don't want to make things slower simply because the docs are
confusing. We can make the docs less confusing.

--
Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean
you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.