httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Proxy's pre_request and post_request hooks
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:07:38 GMT
Right now, both of these are defined as
APR_IMPLEMENT_EXTERNAL_HOOK_RUN_FIRST and the ones we use
are at APR_HOOK_FIRST. They also always return OK (unless
an error) so this means that we can never add additional
hooks here and have them run (don't talk to me about
REALLY_FIRST :) ).

Anyway, considering some of the LB stuff we've been talking
about, it would be very useful to be able to have providers
and others utilize these hooks (eg: for timestamping start
and end of requests), but with RUN_FIRST, we're limiting
that.

Soooooo I'm proposing changing to RUN_ALL...

Comments?