httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: PATCH -- make the cache modules part of 'all'.
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 17:17:09 GMT

On Feb 8, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:07:40 +0100
> Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org> wrote:
>
>> Given that mod_cache is now quite mature - perhaps time to make it
>> part of the 'all' setting
>> in ./configure (and we could argue same for ssl and ldap). And hence
>> make it part of the
>> general body distributed by the vendors (who seem to follow our
>> "all" config).
>
> That begs the question, what do we mean by "all"?  It currently
> excludes proxy and dav, as well as the modules you mention.
> That's IMHO rather more confusing than it should be.

I'd personally like the 'ALL' to be the things we generally expect to
be in a good/wide
build by, say, a vendor.

So that is everything but for experimental, debug and test modules.

With perhaps a special exception for 'ssl'.

> However, we really do need to default to dynamic building if
> we're to include more modules in instant-brew-default configurations.
> As it stands, a default (static) "all" build gives you something
> quite insane.

AFAIK the 'all' works for both static and dynamic.

>> I'd almost argue to make at least disk cache and normal cashe a
>> 'MOST'.
>
> Something to consider for 2.4, perhaps?

Aye - just for trunk for now.

Dw