httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: RFC: extracting the mod_ssl session cache interface
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:51:35 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 05:26:08PM -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> how did you want to structure keys?

Interesting question.  I envisage this working by having consumers
configure and set up independent cache instances; so if you had
mod_auth_digest and mod_ssl both using a shmcb provider, you'd get two
shm segments, for example.

For dbm/shmcb you just get a unique key/value pair cache and don't
really have to worry about the key namespace.

For memcache, I presume that it's normal to share a particular server
cluster for caching independent sets of data?  The interface could
require that the consumer provides a namespace string which gets
automatically prefixed to the key names in the memcache provider.

Makes sense?

joe