httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject RFC: extracting the mod_ssl session cache interface
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:12:43 GMT
The session cache interface in mod_ssl on the trunk is now mostly SSL-
and mod_ssl-agnostic with respect to the data storage and configuration.
There is still some tight coupling between the session cache and the
ssl_mutex interface, but that's next on my hit list.

Is there any interest in seeing this extracted from mod_ssl and made
available for general use?  It could probably e.g. be used by
mod_auth_digest for the MD5-sess code, and I can think of some
third-party modules which could probably use it too (mod_gnutls).

My vague plan would be to finish de-SSL-ifying the code, then moving it
to modules/cache and calling it mod_sesscache or mod_socache ("small
object") or something along those lines.

Thoughts?

joe