httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@allcosts.net>
Subject Re: tcp_get_info()....
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:28:03 GMT
On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 12:39:14PM +0100, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> Have a look at the ntp protocol - it is fairly effective at this -
> and I would not rule out that you'd be able to do something similar
> (abeit less accurate) on a keep-alive connection.

NTP does it via phase-lock loop, and it's pretty clever alright, a PLL
could be applied to the back and forth traffic for HTTP alright, as long
as the implementor took great care to work around things like accept
filters (so throw away the first session). It'd be interesting,
mod_youre_on_sattellite_broadband ;-)