httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@allcosts.net>
Subject Re: tcp_get_info()....
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:25:04 GMT
On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:38:38PM +0700, Niko Wilfritz Sianipar Sianipar wrote:
> Can I use tcp_get_info() function from Linux C library in my Apache code to get information
about the TCP connection?

Yep, you can, though obviously it will be completely unportable.

>  I need it to estimate the transfer time of last packet sent in my Apache code? Is Apache
can do that??

That's effectively unknowable information without something at both ends
though. tcp_get_info will give you an incling, but not much of a useful
one IMO.

For this kind of stuff it's more typical to use tools like netstat, tcpdump,
lft (layer four traceroute) and so on - instrumenting Apache directly
seems unusual, but it would work :-)