httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ronald Park <>
Subject Re: mod_proxy timeouts in the 2.0
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:34:01 GMT
Ack, I'm so sorry for not including the attachment.  Further
complicating the issue, for some reason, emails from this
list are getting eaten or delayed by my company's server and
so I didn't even see the responses to my original mail until
now, a week later. :(

(I've always felt that email clients should scan any outgoing
emails that contain the word 'attached' yet don't actually
have an attachment and pester the user with a popup saying
"Hey idiot, did you mean to attach something to this email?")

Yes, this patch is purely for 2.0.63; I have not had a chance
to try mod_proxy's new timeout features in the 2.2 line yet,
let alone determine how to apply my fix to it if needed.  I
did look over the new code and it's changed quite a bit.

I did though receive one direct response to my email for someone
else who's has a similar concern for the 2.0 line and so I'm
correctly attaching and sending this patch now and hope that
some others find it useful.

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 10:34 -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Ronald Park wrote:
> >
> > Attached is my patch to 2.0.63 to the proxy_http.c file in
> > modules/proxy.
> >
> I didn't see any attached patch... :/
> In any case, the normal process is patch applied to
> trunk with then backport proposals to 2.2 and 2.0. A feature
> added to 2.0.x, without it being in 2.2 and trunk is likely
> not gonna happen.

View raw message