httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy timeouts in the 2.0
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:06:32 GMT

On Feb 6, 2008, at 5:04 PM, Chris H. wrote:

> Quoting Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>:
>

>> On Feb 5, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Ronald Park wrote:
>>>
>>> Attached is my patch to 2.0.63 to the proxy_http.c file in
>>> modules/proxy.
>>>

>> I didn't see any attached patch... :/
>>
>> In any case, the normal process is patch applied to
>> trunk with then backport proposals to 2.2 and 2.0. A feature
>> added to 2.0.x, without it being in 2.2 and trunk is likely
>> not gonna happen.
>
> If I understood the original posting correctly. This is a /fix/
> not a /feature/. Isn't there any interest in correcting issues
> in the 2.0.x branch? Or am I to understand that the term "feature"
> also means "fix(es)". :)

If the bug exists in all 3 versions, then it should 1st
be applied to trunk, and then backported to 2.2 and 2.0.
If only in 2.2 and 2.0, then the patch needs to be looked
at and voted on in both cases. If it's just for 2.0,
then again, we need to see the patch before we can decide
anything.

For features or fixes.