httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Olaf van der Spek" <olafvds...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is async the answer?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:14:43 GMT
> We were using normal worker MPM with keepalives for this test.  The current
> "stable" event would have helped with idle keepalive threads, but the system
> didn't seem to care.

But when using mod_php, worker is not recommended, right?
I doubt prefork scales as well as worker.
Working on making a FastCGI based setup the recommended approach
instead of mod_php is probably more important then async. Actually,
it's a prerequisite.

Having 30k threads still seems like a waste of resource to me though.
What about a hybrid approach?
Async for network IO and other stuff that doesn't require sync calls,
worker threads for other parts?

Olaf