httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r616335 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:23:20 GMT

On Jan 29, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Oops. My fault. We need to continue in the loop, but I guess we can do
> the following to avoid an unneeded strncasecmp

Huh? If real isn't a balancer, then we drop to the orig
impl. If it is, then we try to find the right worker
and, when we find it, we match and return. If we
are a balancer but don't find a worker, we drop through
anyway. I guess your point is that you don't like
the drop through on the found-balancer-but-didn't-find-
worker case... is that right? The reason I didn't is
that I didn't want to too much overload the idea
of special schemes. Treat balancer: special for
what we know, but even if we don't find a member,
continue on as we would not matter what the
scheme :)