httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Giuliano Gavazzi <dev-apache....@humph.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HTTP Server 1.3.41, 2.0.63 and 2.2.8
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:37:01 GMT

On 14 Jan 2008, at 22:57, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:58:53 -0500
> Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> I am keeping voting open, simply because we don't have a
>> lot of votes currently... PMC members especially, please
>> download, test and vote.
>
> 2.2.8: Linux clear +1, MacOSX tentative +1

which MacOSX? Tried compiling on 10.5.1 but the result does not work.
Apart from the long standing problem of a missing -lz when deflate is
enabled (-lz is added to the required libs according to configure, but
must be given by hand in two instances for the build process to
succeed), the resulting httpd fails when loading mod_ssl.
The _ssl_cmd_SSLCACertificateFile symbol is missing and this seems to
stem from some ranlib problems (symbols not exported). I used the apr
included in 2.2.8. No success with the one that comes with 10.5.1
either.
I am trying now to compile apr from the latest 1.2.12.
thanks
Giuliano