httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pre-release test tarballs of httpd 1.3.40, 2.0.62 and 2.2.7 available
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 02:15:24 GMT

On Jan 5, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

> Do you mean as in tcpdump -x?  I've uploaded a pair of dumps
> (one of client-proxy, the other of proxy-server) at the same
> location.

The best way to get a tcpdump file for analysing in Wireshark, do:

tcpdump -i lo0 (or whatever) -s 0 -w your.output.file.dump

The -s 0 causes tcpdump to capture the entire packets and not cut them
off.  Older versions don't know about the 0 value, just use a value
larger than the MTU on the interface you're capturing like Henrik
suggests.

This does not dump anything to your stdout, everything goes to the
file specified in -w.  If your network is quiet, don't worry about
filtering since Wireshark does that quite well.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org