httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r614605 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/util_ldap.h modules/ldap/util_ldap.c
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 01:01:59 GMT
Paul J. Reder wrote:

> Now that you ask that question it makes me realize that the better
> question is
> probably "Should the directives be directory scoped or server scoped?"
> The rest
> of the util_ldap directives are all server scoped.

The cache related ones are all server scoped, as the cache is server wide.

The SSL related ones are directory and/or server scoped, and it depends
on the underlying toolkit as to whether directory scope works at all.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking all directives have to be handled
the same way. My gut feel is that the referral processing should be
directory scoped, there is no guarantee that the server will only ever
connect to one type of LDAP server at a time, and the admin may want
different processing depending on the application.

Regards,
Graham