httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging POST body ...
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:26:19 GMT

On 01/13/2008 10:17 AM, Kiffin Gish wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm using ap_hook_translate_name(hook_translate_name, NULL, NULL,
> APR_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST).
>
> Within the routine hook_translate_name I'd like to check for requests of
> type POST and then log the body.
>
> How can I do this, e.g. by peeking forward and reading the incoming
> stream without actually affecting/emptying the contents of the relevant
> bucket?

No. The best way is to write an input filter and capture the stream while
it is requested from the application. If you need the whole request body
before any byte reaches the application it might be worth having a look
at mod_security (http://www.modsecurity.org/) and see how they do just
that (e.g. for virus scanning).

Regards

RĂ¼diger