httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] initial release of httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.1
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:55:35 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> on my box, a SuSE 10.1, the httpd-prefork.conf wasnt found, and thus the 'make install'
> I did then insert a test for the file (not sure if this is the correct way, but at least
I could then get past this issue, and finish the build):

You could simply override make httpd_conffile=/filepath which is the
preferred way.  Long ago this should have become an independent apxs

I wouldn't mind a test for "httpd_conffile" = "", I think your patch
leaves a bit more of a chance for a subtle make install failure.

View raw message