httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Pre-release tarballs: Apache httpd 1.3.41, 2.0.63 and 2.2.8
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:33:19 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Pre-release tarballs of Apache HTTP Server 1.3.41, 2.0.63
> and 2.2.8 are available for download and test at:
>
>     http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Their availability does not constitute an official release.
> However, please download and test. I will be calling for
> a release VOTE in the next 24-48 hours, at most.

eos.apache.org and aurora.apache.org, the machines that host
www.apache.org, and most TLPs, have both been upgraded to 2.2.8:
http://www.apache.org/server-status

They are also now running with the Event MPM, previously the Worker MPM
was used.

I used an APR and APR-Util snapshot, from their respective trunks, due
to issues with mod_mbox performance, that have been fixed in apr-util
trunk[1].

Both machines are Solaris 10/SPARC, and I ran into no major issues
getting it all working.  If you notice any issues with any apache.org
sites, please let me know :-)

Thanks,

-Paul

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=513046