httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Pre-release test tarballs of httpd 1.3.40, 2.0.62 and 2.2.7 available
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:33:57 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
>  From what I can tell, all 3 versions should be not-released
> and we should instead move ahead with 1.3.41, 2.0.63 and 2.2.8
> to address the current concerns...
>
> 1.3.41 looks releasable with the current state of HEAD.
> 2.0.63 requires one more vote for the ssl lib stuff
> 2.2.8 requires more testing/review of the drip-feed, chunked
> patches, as well as an update by RĂ¼diger concerning
> his optimization status.

Tom Donovan's confirmed the state of mpm_winnt as again working
with mod perl across service, console, and -X modes (and some
other slightly more obscure models).

I'll backport the correction to 2.0.63 and 2.2.8 and put this
whole issue to bed.  I'd agree on the state of .41 and .63 at
this point once.  Hoping we keep the changes to 2.2 branch
very narrow, there are always fun bugs to work on but it's
most important to offer a stable 2.2.8 ASAP.

Bill