httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Pre-release test tarballs of httpd 1.3.40, 2.0.62 and 2.2.7 available
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:51:02 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Tom Donovan wrote:
>> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>> I posted an updated patch to bug 43534 for 2.2.7 rc.
>
> Thanks Tom, saw it, reviewing it now.

There's much more history on this in PR 43534, but in short;

Can't adopt your patch literally since it regresses the server code (and
leaves no stdout at all for a dangerous period of time).  But I derived
a patch from your observations and the unix MPMs' behavior.  In two
parts (because I'm a goof who thinks he can hack at Win32 on linux) the
cumulative patch to open stdout for a console to /Device/Nul, in exactly
the same sequence as unix, is here;

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm/winnt/mpm_winnt.c?r1=607677&r2=609366