httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] initial release of httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.1
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:36:07 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:

>> I got a few notes on this though:
>> 1) in the 2.0 tree is there a loggers subfolder in the source tree?
>> I'm not sure been a long time since I looked at it.
>> 2) APACHE2_HOME points to the install dir of apache and not to the
>> source IIRC? so there wouldn't be a modules subfolder there anyway.
> sorry, yes, this only works for in-tree compile;
> somehow we have not thought yet about this;
> its not only for mod_log_config.h , but also mod_dav.h, mod_proxy.h an probably some
more module headers are missing in the installed include dir...
> perhaps we should think of a subfolder 'module_headers' or such, and move these headers
to there, or at least create such a folder with install and copy the module headers there....

OK - here's my thought for 0.9.2 (not really a showstopper for this
alpha release);

   * it's supposed to be as simple as copying over an existing httpd
     source tree.  For win32, that means (minimum) you touch Apache.dsw
     and Makefile.win.  Maybe ship those as a patch?  It's 2 small adds
     each, so even without patch.exe it isn't going to be hard to do it.
     patch -p0 < build/win32-ftp-in-tree.patch -- and you are good to go.

   * out of tree on unix requires ./configure-apxs, so add a corresponding
     configure-win.bat to configure the mod_ftp.dsp (and example mod) to
     compile against a certain APACHE tree.

Sound good?

Bill