httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Pre-release test tarballs of httpd 1.3.40, 2.0.62 and 2.2.7 available
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:45:33 GMT
Tom Donovan wrote:
> Yes, the crash dissappears.
>
> I built with MS Visual Studio 8 on win2k and tested on win2k, winxp, and
> vista.
>
>   ab -n 100000 -c 100 http://localhost/large_file.html
>
> Where large_file.html is 200kb.  No continued memory growth observed
> (after the first few seconds), so I don't think it is leaking allocators.

Fantastic.

Code drift between the Win9x case (now pretty much irrelevant) and WinNT
disabling acceptex really is unacceptable now, but I don't want to touch
the 2.0/2.2 code again if we can avoid it.  Best solution is a refactoring
which I might find a weekend for in the next month or so.

I'm going to propose we dump DisableWin32AcceptEx syntax entirely in 2.4,
and instead use our new friendly syntax;

AcceptFilter http ex-data (current acceptex, plus some data)
AcceptFilter https ex     (current acceptex, but no data)

AcceptFilter http none    (vanilla accept)

Does this sound like the right approach before I start hacking anything?

Bill