httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pre-release test tarballs of httpd 1.3.40, 2.0.62 and 2.2.7 available
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:21:50 GMT

On 01/05/2008 11:02 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:37:53 +0100
> Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 01/05/2008 02:02 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

>>> OK, it works correctly if I revert r602679 (no other changes).
>>> Investigating further.
>> It would be helpful if you could provide us with more details what
>> exactly fails and if possible with a test case.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~niq/TestLogWebViewer.html

Some observations:

1. I tried to reproduce it with a backend that as well send 1 byte chunks:
   Everything works fin.
2. Excerpt from first test results:

    1\r\n
    \r\r\n
    e\r\n
    1\r\n
    z\r\n
    1\r\n
    m\r\n
    1\r\r\n
    0\r\n
    \r\n

This an invalid chunked encoding (\r is already the one byte that was announced for this
chunk. e\r\n would need to have 1\r\n in front).
This is very strange as the ap_http_filter dechunks the results from backend and
ap_http_chunk_filter creates a new chunked encoding.

3. Both seem to see stray \r characters which I suppose to be not part of the content.

As said for this reason the network sniffs would be really interesting.

Regards

RĂ¼diger