httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Interfacing with mod_negotiation
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:52:16 GMT
Joachim Zobel wrote:

> For my module mod_i18n I would need an interface to content negotiation.
> I want to say "Dear mod_negotiation, I offer the following language
> variants (for the current request). Which one do you choose?". By now
> the only way to do this is to put variant files or a type map in the
> file system and do sub requests.
>
> Such an interface could be a mod_negotiation.h with a few optional
> functions, but there may be other ways (notes?). I am willing to do the
> necessary implementation, if this has a chance to be accepted.

Wondering if this is worth a great deal of time until we define the VFS
in less APR'ish, less filesystem'ish patterns.

With a robust VFS for httpd, your provider could register the corresponding
content for a request, and negotiation would query VFS providers of both
multiview matches, type-maps, and your i18n.

WDYT?