httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <>
Subject Re: 64 bit Apache 2.2.4 on windows getting crashed
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:21:59 GMT

Like wrowe said... if it only happens with the module its mostlikely
the module and not httpd (or my binary of httpd in this case).

Although I've seen this before. The binaries on blackdot are compiled
with visual studio 2005 and link to MSVCR80.dll, if the module is
compiled against an other version it may give problems but not always
(go figure) so if the module is indeed compiled for 64-bit with MSVC8
(aka visual studio 2005) and it still give problems its most likely
the module.

Kind regards

Jorge Schrauwen

On 1/2/08, William A. Rowe, Jr. <> wrote:
> Renu Tiwari wrote:
> > The issue is when Apache is configured with a thirdparty module (64 bit
> > as well)
> Well, which module probably makes a difference, and if the crash isn't
> present *without* this module, you should be contacting the author of
> the module, not httpd.
> > and is started the error is shown in event viewer as:-
> >
> > */Faulting application httpd.exe, version, faulting module
> > abc_xyz.dll, version 6.0.513.383, fault address 0x00000000000ec417./*
> That means nothing, since we know nothing of abc_xyz.dll, we can't
> give you any clues what it might mean.
> has information about
> capturing stack backtraces to determine what function crashed, but
> only if you have access to the .pdb diagnostic files ***for the
> exact binaries you are running***.  The symbols/ directory here
> under /dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ would only apply to the binary
> distributions in that directory.  Sorry we can't help you more on
> this issue, either.

View raw message