httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Interfacing with mod_negotiation
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:52:05 GMT
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:42:43 +0100
Joachim Zobel <jzobel@heute-morgen.de> wrote:

> There is probably some grand unified approach ahead, with filter
> layers between VFSes that besides the usual filter stuff do URL
> rewriting. Such an approach needs to be very well specified to keep
> it simple enough to be usable.

That sounds more a 2.4 thing than a 2.2.x incremental upgrade.

If you were about to propose an API for mod_negotiation, I'd
encourage you to go ahead, at least in outline.  It should be a
useful input to future designs, whether or not it has the capacity
to stand alone.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/