httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject Re: Interfacing with mod_negotiation
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:14:23 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 02.01.2008, 20:52 +0000 schrieb Nick Kew:
> On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:42:43 +0100
> Joachim Zobel <jzobel@heute-morgen.de> wrote:
>
> > There is probably some grand unified approach ahead, with filter
> > layers between VFSes that besides the usual filter stuff do URL
> > rewriting. Such an approach needs to be very well specified to keep
> > it simple enough to be usable.
>
> That sounds more a 2.4 thing than a 2.2.x incremental upgrade.

Thinking about it the idea is to have pairs of input and output filters
that are layered.

   Response         Request
---------------------------------
|      A       |       |        |
|      |       |       V        |
---------------------------------
|      A       |       |        |
|      |       |       V        |
---------------------------------
|             <--               |
---------------------------------

But thats beyond 2.4 and I am not really in a position to make
propositions.

> If you were about to propose an API for mod_negotiation, I'd
> encourage you to go ahead, at least in outline.  It should be a
> useful input to future designs, whether or not it has the capacity
> to stand alone.

I will add an interface that suits my needs. It should not be too hard
to generalize it to content negotiation,  but can only test it for
language negotiation.

Sincerely,
Joachim