httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Memory consumption of mod_substitute
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:23:46 GMT
On Dec 5, 2007 8:36 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group
<ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com> wrote:
> * My test case lead to the exceptional situation of a very large passbb bucket brigade
>   (about 1,000,000 buckets) as a result of processing 4 MB of the file. So I add
>   a flush bucket once I have more than MAX_BUCKET (1000) buckets in the brigade and pass
it
>   down the chain to get it send and the passbb bucket brigade cleaned up and its memory
>   reusable again.

Ha!  Is there a way we could be more aggressive in minimizing the
number of buckets mod_substitute creates?  Perhaps using
apr_bucket_copy to create ref-counted versions of the replacement
string?

> Comments, thoughts?

Your patch looks good on a quick cursory review.  -- justin