httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Visual Studio 2008 and ActiveState Perl 5.10 updates
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:21:50 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> For information only; my post today based on new research into
> Visual Studio 2008, and ActiveState Perl 5.10 binary release, over
> these last few days.
>
> Will focus the discussion on the modperl@perl.apache.org list for
> now since it's most intricately affected (permalink)

IMHO the major problem is that people don't understand the
way how msvcrt and msvcrtXX interoperates.
It is obvious that Microsoft tries to keep the msvcrt binary
compatibility (both for 32 and 64 bit), so we should do that
as well (not because Microsoft does it, but because users needs it).

I'll be strongly against any attempt to make official binaries
linked to anything beyond msvcrt.dll.
If that means that ActiveState binaries won't work with our
official binaries, well, that's their problem, not ours.

IIUC, you are on the same track ;)

Regards,
Mladen