httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject One last flaw in log.c
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:42:51 GMT
I've noted that the recent changes leave us unable to regenerate
a reliable piped log on win32 (perhaps we've been unable to for a
very long time, I'm not spinning my wheels to audit it but moving
forwards with its fix).  I haven't checked if unix is affected,
but it's trivial to check (kill -KILL the customlog child, and
see if we successfully respawn it or fail).

I should have a fix, but going to catch some sleep and look at this
fresh to be sure it's the right fix.  As long as the parent's copy
of the read end is not inherited, and we don't want to kill the
child process until the server is cycled (pool cleanups are run)
we should be fine holding that end of the pipe open and ready for
the replacement child.

View raw message