httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: time for 1.3.40 and 2.2.7 ?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:33:56 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2007, at 5:01 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>>> Hi Ruediger,
>>> sorry, but unfortunately that's not possible since 2.2.x and later do
>>> not have this file any longer - so there's no real backport proposal
>>> possible....
>>> therefore I dont know how I should express the proposal ...?
>>
>> There's really no difference between STATUS, and on list discussion.
>> The advantage to STATUS is reminding people to review over the long
>> haul, the advantage to the list is collecting a quick three votes
>> (when folks are paying attention).
>>
>> I disagree with Ruediger that any extra STATUS step is really needed.
>>

> Well, for the RM, it's easier to go through STATUS and make
> sure all is set then sifting through the various Email lists :)

Of course!!!  The point I made was that STATUS is a great *tool*
to ensure things are seen by your fellow committers, an RM and
so forth.  If something needs to happen, it better be in STATUS.

You can do the same on-list, but don't holler at an RM when it's
missed because you didn't follow things through to conclusion ;-)

Bill