httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [RFC] Apache Privilege Separation for WebDAV (now against 2.2.6)
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:13:48 GMT
Michael Clark wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>> How you stubbed out the file io seems fine for the lifetime of 2.2.x
>> and maybe 2.4.x, but in the long run, I believe we need to support
>> some kind of "VFS" layer, to make all IO pluggable. (open file,
>> directory listing, etc etc).

Directory listings in particular are interesting because;

   * mod_proxy_ftp LIST/NLST contents would be a special case that could
     be handled through the usual mod_dir/mod_autoindex modules.

   * mod_ftp would prepare it's directory listing through this VFS layer.

   * virtual (alias, mount) resources could appear in the virtualized
     index listing.