httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r605396 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/support/httxt2dbm.c
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:05:51 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 12/19/2007 04:02 AM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: wrowe
>> Date: Tue Dec 18 19:02:57 2007
>> New Revision: 605396

 > Sorry for nitpicking, but
 >
 > 1. Where is the vote on this backport?

I'm happy to revert if that's desired.  I'm also happy to pull
httxt2dbm from the win32 targets list.  I choose the obvious one,
but sorry if it offended anyone's sensibilities; the patch simply
synced the apr_init semantics of httxt2dbm to the other support apps,
allowing it to 1) compile (in an NT case) and 2) handle obtuse
filenames (non-ascii) portably on win32 as well.

If anyone objects to

@ -183,7 +183,7 @@
      apr_file_t *infile;
      apr_dbm_t *outdbm;

-    apr_initialize();
+    apr_app_initialize(&argc, &argv, NULL);
      atexit(apr_terminate);

      verbose = 0;

I'm happy to revert the whole thing.  Sorry for treating this as
a platform patch issue; it does touch other platforms.

>> -int main(int argc, const char *const argv[])
>> +int main(int argc, const char * const argv[])
>
> 2. Trunk and 2.2.x are now different because the line in trunk is still
>
> int main(int argc, const char *const argv[])
>
> This makes backports harder for no good reason.

And was altogether wrong, that part should not have been committed,
I had backed the change out before committing trunk and should have
done so here.  I'm reverting that half immediately, and will back
the other half out immediately upon request.  Thanks Ruediger!

Bill