httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r605066 - /httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/docs/conf/extra/ftpd.conf
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:54:25 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>>    Any concerns with my new approach?
> no real concerns - but personally I would prefer to have the load statements inside each
conf file;
> also because for now we anyway distribute it separately, and once we have it inside httpd
then anyway things might go other ways - f.e. I till then merge my separate awk script into
the main one we use for all other confs...; also keep in mind that normally I cant process
the httpd.conf in use, nor install into a running httpd place; I have to create distribution-like
archives for NetWare;
> expect 99.9% of the users use a binary distribution, and I think for Win32 it might also
95+% probably...
> If possible I would like to have that in for now which makes it easier to replace  -
I commented it so that it cant hurt elsewhere; but if you want to remove then ok...

Keep in mind we can't use @@LoadModules@@ though - not with a in tree build.

What about @@LoadFtpModules@@ instead?  If that's the preference, I don't
mind changing the unix/win32 direction either.

> how about other replacements to come closer to what we have in httpd.conf.in / ssl.conf.in
?

> f.e. s/\/logs\//\/@exp_logfiledir@\//g and so on (path to certs etc.), and quoting these
also?

+1; I don't see it as a 0.9.1 beta showstopper, but it would be great.