httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] initial release of httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.0
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:31:09 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> the files from the tarball compile cleanly for NetWare without any change for both 2.0.x
and 2.2.x;
> nothing more yet tested for the moment...

That's in-tree, then, or using ./configure.apxs?  The reason this couldn't
work out-of-tree without defining FTP_APXS_BUILD is that we do those
moronic gymnastics to get at mod_log_config.h (../../modules/ftp).

The reason it couldn't work out-of-tree once that is defined is that you need
a silly out-of-tree target which either 'echo "/* no config needed */ > ftp_config.h
or if netware does support it, 'echo "#define HAVE_FCHMOD" > ftp_config.h
since we load that file when we see FTP_APXS_BUILD defined.

I have to work on httpd 2.2.7/.0.62 mpm issues for the afternoon, but
plan to roll 0.9.1 tomorrow.  If you would like to add netware notes
to README-FTP before then, please be my guest!!!  If you want to only
consider certain kinds of builds for now, and ignore others, then just
note those in STATUS-FTP as something nice to resolve later.

Bill