httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jiri Tulach - Position <tul...@position.cz>
Subject Re: mod_proxy in Apache 2.2 and HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:38:59 GMT
It's possible fault of mod_fastcgi which returns
HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR in cases when server is overloaded or
external fastcgi instances are unavailable. Unfortunately mod_fastcgi is
not actively developed even thought lot of people use it in production
sites.

But I still don't understand why proxy which has an option to get proper
data from another (probably) working server stops trying to failover. I
think from proxy point of view it doesn't matter why server is
unavailable. Or am I missing something?

Thanx for comments.

Jiri Tulach