httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [RFC] Apache Privilege Separation for WebDAV (now against 2.2.6)
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:56:30 GMT
Michael Clark wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I posted a note about my privilege separation patches the other day
> and received some good private help/feedback, and have now made the
> patches a considerable amount more portable and they are using apr
> much more extensively.

Cool stuff!  I'll start reviewing this, and look at mod_privsep to solve
the very same issue within mod_ftp.  But I won't have cycles till the
holidays, so it will be some time.  And due to the security implications,
I'm sure you are just as anxious to have some serious review of the
proposed module before it's widely deployed, so I'd suggest we either
hold off a bit on committing it until it's received sufficient eyeballs,
or create a sandbox for its review.

If you don't have a CLA on file, please file one so your contribution
can be considered?  http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
Although "your" name's on file, there's an email mismatch, and I suspect
with 1500 folks, that is possibly a name clash (middle initial might be
helpful for the record).

Bill