httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: mod_ftp's ftp_limitlogin.c
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:21:16 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I'll take an effort in addressing them... I think the
> issues are due to the fact that the actual updates to
> the doccos lagged behind changes to the codebase...

Are you certain?  Do we mean to test 'wrowe' on
is the same person as 'wrowe' on when the server is
hosting multiple sites?  Or a limit on 'me' connecting to ftp site one
should be limited to the same number of connections to ftp site two?

I'm thinking, no, if those two IP's were split into two machines, the
servers would be ignorant of two wrowe's or two's that
connected to the two different sites, so they should be partitioned.

I suspect it's as I commented - that its the code that needs fixing.
Or maybe there are multiple 'tiers' to be supported?

> Realistically, I won't have cycles until mid-nextweek

No hassle - I don't think that extra-feature is a beta showstopper.
I'll update the docs for now.

View raw message