httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r601843 - in /httpd/mod_ftp/trunk: STATUS include/mod_ftp.h
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 20:40:25 GMT
> Log:
> Come closer to a release by backing-up the version from Covalent-numbering
> series to an ASF numbering series, and prepare for the first GA release
> to be numbered 1.0.0.
 >
 > This means 0.9.0 is an obvious numbering schema for alpha/beta's.

I'd like to propose to T&R the very first ASF-beta (or -alpha if troubles
are discovered) very shortly, as soon as the questions below are resolved.

First question, are there testers who will test/vote on the module?
Second question, are there any real showstoppers to a beta?  My thoughts...

>  RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>
> +  * HELP results are trashed by ABOR OOB data handling hackery.  Must
> +    eliminate these from the list of registered commands and handle
> +    them properly in the OOB data channel read.  Pity that the client
> +    developers never bothered to learn the telnet protocol.

This is a real problem since it may confuse clients and is generally
badness.  I'd hold the tag for a solution to this.

> +  * FTPLimit* family of directives share an FTPLimitDBFile across hosts,
> +    yet fail to scope their tracking records to the corresponding host.

If there's no fix, I'd just mark those directives as experimental and call
it baked.

Who's interested in seeing a T&R and helping make the release happen?

Bill