httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Adding charset to canned responses
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:02:23 GMT
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:27:48 -0600
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Since FTP doesn't provide us a clue of what flavor is which, for the
> purpose of a proxy ftp representation, we'll be adding a directive
> that you can apply site-by-site.  Or globally, if you are convinced
> that your FTP sites are mostly/nearly all utf8.  That's fine.

Any objection to adding the attached (or equivalent) patch?
That would fix the regression the original introduces.

Oh, yes, here's why it's a regression.  For clients that default to
ISO-8859-1, the patch is a no-op.  For a client that guesses, and
guesses right, it may cease to work where it worked before.  Users
who get hit by that will see a regression, and the least we can do
is make it fixable for them.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/