httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Apache 2 IP_Forwarding
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:05:12 GMT
On Nov 2, 2007 12:41 PM, Shaw, Dan <DShaw@triadfinancial.com> wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> We are trying to identify the following and we have received one
> response and need to verify.
>
> We are looking for feedback or heck even a solution on the following
>
> In order to get the IP address of the client, instead of the IP address
> of the proxy server, the mod_w3c_ip_forwarding.c program can be compiled
> into Apache < 1.3.6.  How does one achieve this same functionality in
> Apache 2.0.X?  Specifically -
>
> Does Apache 2.0.X already provide this functionality?
> If not, will mod_w3c_ip_forwarding.c work with Apache 2.0.X?
> If not, is there a similar program for Apache 2.0.X?

Why are you writing to the dev list? If you need additional feedback,
please continue your thread on the users list.

(Also, you received more than one response. I told you that you will
need mod_extract_forwarded if you want to pretend that the contents of
the X-Forwarded-For header are the real client IP address. There is a
version for 2.x.)

Joshua.