httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r593778 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:08:37 GMT
On Nov 10, 2007 9:14 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:00:16 -0000
> trawick@apache.org wrote:
>
> > +   * mod_charset_lite: Remove Content-Length when output filter can
> > +     invalidate it.  Warn when input filter can invalidate it.
> > +     trunk:
> > +        http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=380232
> > +     2.2.x:
> > +        Trunk version of patch works
> > +     +1: trawick
> > +
>
> -0.
>
> As you note, that's a non-fix for the input filter.
> Unsetting content-length for input should move to the
> find_code_page function (on a fixup hook).

That would break reading the request body (assuming client used c-l).
ap_http_filter(), which runs after the fixup hook, must see the c-l.
I don't see a way to indicate that the Content-Length may not be
correct.  CGIs could break.

The attached patch describes the situation more accurately and doesn't
raise a concern unless the request actually had a c-l header.

I haven't thought of how to get to the end of the rainbow starting at either

* create a way to indicate to the handler that c-l is unknown without
breaking the reading of the request body
* provide an optional filter to compute c-l (buffering up to some
configured limit)

Thoughts?