httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Adoption of mod_dns to httpd?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:12:19 GMT
Hi Issac,
Issac Goldstand schrieb:
>  I don't think that #include "rr.h" would work with apxs (which is the
> build method that I wrote it around).
no problem; you can just tell apxs to use an include path; I've just tried on my SuSE box
with:
apxs2 -c -I . *.c rr/*.c > build.log 2>&1
here's the buildlog of the unpatched version:
http://www.gknw.net/test/mod_dns/build.log
and here after applying my _new_ patch (since gcc found some more things I did fix these too,
and created a new diff; now only the implicit warning remains):
http://www.gknw.net/test/mod_dns/build_patched.log
and here the patched sources:
http://www.gknw.net/test/mod_dns/mod_dns-1.02.tar.gz

> For the type stuff, I'll look at it real soon.  Meanwhile, did your
> patch solve the following?
> rr/rr.c: In function 'dns_rr_unserialize':
> rr/rr.c:194: warning: passing argument 3 of 'rrr->rdata->unserialize'
> from incompatible pointer type
yes, there was a void* cast needed.

> I'm not sure how well NetWare's going to be supported unless someone
> helps write apr_sendtov for NetWare (the only implementation that I
> couldn't figure out how to write); without it, you'll have TCP support only.
what was the problem? I can tell you that NetWare supports both Winsock2 and BSD sockets;
we use by default most of the Win32 socket stuff, but can switch over to using Unix socket
stuff (with separate builds, not within one build).

Guenter.