httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Renu Tiwari <Renu_Tiw...@infosys.com>
Subject issue in dynamic loading(thirdparty) Apache2.0.61(64 bit) on AIX 5.3(64 bit)
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:15:19 GMT

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue.
I have Apache 2.0.61(64 bit) configured with our application(64 bit).
Now while starting Apache, dlopen() fails and we get an error related to dynamic loading of
our application module.

After troubleshooting, we found the resolution.

That is by default "libc.a" permissions are:-
-r--r--r--   1 bin      bin         8090606 Oct 16 13:11 libC.a

when we change the permission of "libC.a" to
-rw-r-----   1 root     system      8090606 Oct 16 15:02 libC.a
Now apache is able to dynamically load our application module.

Can anyone explain why it is behaving like this?

Please suggest.

Thanks

e-mail system.