httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Httpd 'Amsterdam' commits
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:55:38 GMT
On Fri, November 16, 2007 5:33 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>> Is the plan to remove the filtering mechanism entirely, or just the
>> filters that make HTTP happen?
>
> I honestly don't know yet.  =)  -- justin

IMHO the addition of filters was one the key reasons why httpd v2.0 was so
much better than v1.3.

While I fully understand the justification for moving the HTTP filter
functionality down into the buckets (and in so doing removing the
confusion that happens when a third party filter gets inserted in the
middle of the HTTP filters, creating a mess), I don't see a compelling
reason to remove the filtering mechanism itself.

Regards,
Graham