httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: randomized request for apache benchmark
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 03:45:34 GMT
kaby wrote:
> For the primarily web application is no longer static.
> Considering factors like cache, instruction prediction, I suppose randomized
> request is need to avoid possible bias in benchmark.
> So I wanna proposal a patch for this. Any suggestion?

ab.c isn't the place for such work, and you are absolutely right
(modern architectures are incredibly good at doing stupidly repetitive
tasks efficiently, and this doesn't mirror the real world).

Would you take a look at

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/trunk/flood/

which is already moving in the direction of flexibility you seek, and
is actively soliciting new ideas and patches?

Bill