httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: memory leak in 2.2.x balancer?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:57:28 GMT
Akins, Brian wrote:
> On 11/28/07 1:41 PM, "Mladen Turk" <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> This code is simply a scoreboard callback.
>>
>> We were talking of the API that would allow module to
>> register the 'shared memory intention'. Then the
>> core will take care of creating/attaching/removing the shared
>> memory. It will be the separate per-module shared memory
>> handled the same way, with the same security as the scoreboard is.
>

> If you strip away the "per thread" stuff in mod_slotmem, it does that.

Right, but I was talking on the extending scoreboard.c
so that module can hook the scoreboard creation, as well
hooking things like:

ap_increment_counts
ap_update_child_status

that will be called for each shared memory a particular
module created.

So in essence you will have a scoreboard and a number of
module scoreboards. Each core scoreboard callback will have
a particular module hook, thus allowing module ABI, not core one.

Regards,
Mladen