httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Adoption of mod_dns to httpd?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:10:34 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:06:51 -0500
> Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:
>

>> I'd like to offer up mod_dns
>> (http://www.beamartyr.net/mod-dns-1.02.tar.bz2) for inclusion in the
>> httpd project (either as a mod_ftp-like subproject, or as module with
>> the standard distribution - whatever people prefer).  Can people vote
>> for what they're most comfortable with?
>>
>> [ ] Immediate adoption as an included module (pending IP clearance via
>> the incubator)
>> [ ] Immediate adoption as a subproject (pending IP clearance via the
>> incubator)
>> [ ] Podling status in the incubator, followed by appropriate adoption
>> at graduation
>> [ ] No adoption by the ASF
>>

> What's the current status?  How many developers, users?
> Any libraries or other dependencies required, beyond those
> used by the standard httpd?  Any user docs?

Developers: me, but I'm willing to go over it with anyone in Atlanta to
help get people up to speed.  We're looking at it a bit to help plan the
UDP buckets, anyway...
Users: internally in our company (we just released it under AL this
week, though it was only the plan)
Dependencies: none (except apr(-util))
Docs: patches welcome :-D  Seriously, as part of adoption we should play
quick catch-up, which I'd be happy to do.  Mostly needed for API, users
have less directives (so far) than you can count on one hand

  Issac