httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject [Fwd: Re: HTML request accesses my router]
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 02:28:04 GMT
/ignore - sorry for the noise.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: HTML request accesses my router
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:17:59 -0500
From: Eric Maurier <>
To: Apache Security Response Team <>
CC: Uwe Ross <>

turns out it was not Apache (problem still appeared with the service
disabled), but rather the router that opens its login screen when you
type the name or WAN IP of the local machine inside a browser, even
without requesting a page :-)
So "" and
would trigger the "problem" but not "" or
, both regardless of apache running.

We verified that this somewhat harmless problem happens with our update
server that's on a Linksys as well as our main desktops that run off a
Netgear; in any case, not an Apache problem, sorry for having wasted
your time :-)

Apache Security Response Team wrote:
> Dear Eric Maurier:
> I've not seen this before, although a google search of "AVCD2 files" does
> find some similar looking urls.
> Does the request get logged on your server even if you access it locally
> (and end up at your router auth screen)?  You could narrow this down a bit
> by turning off your server and seeing if you get the same result (in which
> case it's perhaps possible some trojan on your system is redirecting the
> request.  If it still looks like Apache, try removing or disabling
> modules.  Let us know if you figure this out in the event we get other
> similar reports.
> Thank you, Mark

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: