httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Amsterdam sandbox
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:17:15 GMT
On Wed, November 14, 2007 10:35 am, Paul Querna wrote:

> That you currently need a patch to serf/trunk to add the pluggable event
> loop.  Hopefully we can fix that out tomorrow by adding it or some
> derivative to serf trunk.

This could potentially become a recurring theme.

Adding the ability for httpd modules to make http client calls is a very
useful addition, and as has been suggested already, mod_serf is the most
obvious contender for the job for extending services to the rest of the
server.

But if what httpd asks of serf deviates so far from the standard serf
library that we need to fork our own version of serf, then we will start
having all sorts of problems.

We need to keep this in mind if serf is set to be so tightly integrated
with the core.

Regards,
Graham